Web Analytics

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Manage Workplace Stress

We feel stressed when we feel that "things are out of control".  Stress affects the mind, body, and
behavior in many ways, and everyone experiences stress differently.

This happened  to me and I had serious anxiety attack in 1999. I tried various options starting from clinical therapy, exercise. swimming , yoga  and diet habit.

Finally I found for fast-acting stress relief, slow down  is the best option.
             

 7 tips to make you happy within a minute.


1. Focus and make sure you know exactly what it is you want and why. Direction is more important than time. Read the article on 7 habits to know how to form habits to become successful.

2. Keep focus on important things and don't allow any tasks to become urgent. Make it a habit . I am inspired by Charles Duhigg The Power of Habit: book. 

3. Focus on progress towards your goal rather than perfection. Remember practice makes you perfect. Read Malcom Gladwell's book  "Outliers" to know more on 10,000 hours rule.

4. Introspect ever night to forget bad experience. Everything you do is by choice. There is always another option.I found listening to Mozarts's symphony have a tremendously relaxing effect on my mind and body. This helped me in lowering blood pressure, and decreasing the levels of stress & anxiety.Cleaning yourself from negative thoughts is very critical.

5. Read your thoughts & change them. You must keep dreaming so that you never lose the hope. Creative visualization actually helped me a lot.

6. Do swim & practice circuit training. Stretching, deep breathing and other mindfulness practices. This is necessary ind-body exercises helped me to refresh, re-energize and re-motivate yourself. I really liked "The 4-Hour Body " by Timothy Ferris.  It's an amazing book which helped me to swim faster and run further.

7. Learn to accept  stress. Actually small stress helps you to improve your performance.

In summary, we need to be prepared for any change physically, emotionally and financially

Click the link to know more about your  stress scale & let me know your opinions.

Warning:  While these stress management techniques have been shown to have a positive effect on reducing stress, they are for guidance only, and readers should take the advice of suitably qualified health professionals if they have any concerns over stress-related illnesses or if stress is causing significant or persistent unhappiness. Health professionals should also be consulted before any major change in diet or levels of exercise.

Author: Madu is working with a large software consultancy firm. Today she is extremely successful & happy at work and personal life.

Image Credit: royceassociates

2 comments:

  1. Good point that we really, simply, have to accept stress and learn to deal with it in healthy ways. Finding ways that help us personally to de-stress is so valuable, and we have to make time for them in our days. I read an article recently that gave similarly helpful advice on how to react to stress better: Putting Stress In Its Place in Your Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got much news collected in your site. I am sure I will visit this blog again soon. Hypnotherapists in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete