Web Analytics

Friday, December 13, 2013

Vinita - The Warrior of life

Oh! God…!

“How do I pay for my mortgage?” Vinita cried out. She had just heard about the possible hike in interest rates on mortgages on her FM radio station, while she was driving towards home after another long and tiring day.

“God! Why don’t I get an increment, a promotion or another high paying job?” Vinita sobbed, feeling hopeless.

She became upset with herself and felt a choking feeling in her throat.

Parking her car, she walked towards the elevator slowly with her head down and her hands clasped tightly at her back, biting her lower lip.
Entering the elevator, she went up to her apartment and put the key into the key hole.

The door creaked loudly and Vinita entered her studio apartment quietly.

She went to the refrigerator and began to drink some of the chilled water she had left in there earlier, staring towards the floor and tracing circles in the carpet with her right big toe.

“Mama! What happened? You didn’t call me!” Vinita’s young daughter came running out to her and hugged her tightly.

“Mama! I already finished my homework today! Am I behaving like a good girl today?”

Vinita kissed her forehead and told her brightly, “Yes, of course Darling!”

Pinky began clapping with joy and jumping with the praise from mother. She began running around the room laughing and giggling.

“Mama, I told my friends that next month I’m going to go to Disneyland. Right, Mama?” she asked while Vinita hugged her tight.

A deep cry started choking Vinita’s through again; about to burst into tears, she felt a burning sensation in her eyes. Looking at her six-year-old daughter with teary eyes, she cleared her throat and managed to utter the words as she looked up at the ceiling in the room, “No, Pinky, we can’t go this time.”
Vinita started to feel her world crumbling like a house of cards. She felt so hopeless in the situation.

It all began a month ago when her boss Mr. Paxton had called her into his office telling her, “Vinita, it appears that your position at the company is no longer...” and that is all he had to give her. After sixteen long years – sick days, days Pinky was sick, days when she didn’t know how she was holding it together- making the long trips back and forth across town, especially through the traffic on Mumbai Street. She though process broke with her daughters wailing.

“Why! Mummy! Why? Why? You... promised me we would go! I wanted to go! I don’t know why....” she sobbed, “You have to take me to Disneyland!”
Vinita’s insides twisted and she began quivering at her knees. She slowly collapsed into a chair while staring blankly at Pinky. Emotionally drained she murmured, “Pinky, dear, forgive me.”

“Why? Why Mummy? What is the problem now?”

“Pinky, I promised that we would go because I was told that I would be getting a bonus this month, but I didn’t get one. “
“Mama that’s simple, just ask Socrates! Today our teacher told us how wise he was! I’m sure that if you tell him; ask him what you do, then we should can find a way to get to Disneyland!”

Vinita signed. She was upset and helpless in front of her own small daughter, who had just lost her father before being born. The poor child had no idea that Socrates was already dead.

Vinita NEEDED money, NOW. Right NOW, but how?

Her soliloquy, “Oh! GOD teaches me the MAGIC of making money...”

Dropping herself on the sofa tired and weeping, she prayed to God for help.

Click here the revelation  which helped Vinita to turn around in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment