Web Analytics

Sunday, May 26, 2013

7 Tips To Get Rid of Computer Neck & Back Pain

How Isabel Got Rid Of her Neck, Back & Thumb Pain?


As a software professional I was suffering from neck & back pain for almost last 5/6 years. Tried various options but never got very good result.

Last December, I  read few interesting articles on ART (Active Release Technique) while I was searching on how to cure neck & back pain at home. After that I really worked on improving my posture. This is more critical for me as I very healthy.
Isabel with neckpain


I gathered below tips from internet and used them in my life. I can say that I'm doing good after following these tips  & methods for last 4 months.

You may try after consult your doctor for achieving a healthy back & neck posture while performing everyday activities specially while you are working at computer.

1. When working at the computer or at a desk, I keep my head balanced directly over my spine as much as possible. That means both feet rest on the ground. Buttocks are far back in  chair. I also use  a small pillow to support my lower back. I guess this helped me to get rid of the pain in back of neck.

Here are three 3 favorite exercises of Dr. Kevin  that I do while sitting at my computer.



2. I normally spend a lot of time on the phone. So, I  try to avoid leaning my head to one side  while talking.

3.I  try to maintain an upright posture while sitting at chair.  I do isometric neck strengthening exercises every 2/3 hours even in office. Here is an important video from  Dr. Mandell on how to correct your posture.

4. I stopped using avoid high heels and I got good results. I started wearing Merrell Women's Barefoot Shoes most of the times.

5. I use a backpack designed to put weight on the hips instead of just the upper back. Here is a great video by Susan for upper back pain relieve.

6. Improper lifting techniques put stress on the neck as well as the lower back. I follow the advise to bend bend my hips and knees instead of my back.


7.Avoid sitting for long.Neck and shoulder pain are often associated with poor postural habits and weakness in the muscles that stabilize the shoulder blades and upper back.

This video demonstrates how to perform band exercises for "scapular stabilization", with exercises targeting key muscles of the upper back and shoulders. These exercises are often helpful for neck pain and shoulder pain issues.

 

Acupuncture and Acupressure entails placing needles at specific points of the body to trigger a biological chemical or electrical response to release pain-relieving hormones.  I liked acupressure but not Acupuncture. Results were not very good for me.


Hydrotherapy reduces your stress levels and decreases discomfort and pain using motion and temperature. For example, some of the techniques hydrotherapy experts use to eliminate neck pains include; socking in warm water or hot compress and whirlpool tabs such as Jacuzzis.

Actually I started applying ice pack every night at neck and it really helped me for good sleep. I got this tip from Ian Hart's Back Pain Relief4Life program.  

Click Here! to down load Ian's book for upper back and neck pain. See my testimonial on the site.

Reference : Rubber band exercise for  thumb pain cure.

Please let me know your opinion on the above tips on neck pain causes & treatment. Please discuss  below.

1 comment:

  1. I've suffered from severe back and neck pains for quite some time. A close friend referred me to Schrier Family Chiropractic in Delray Beach. Dr. Schrier was very thorough in my examinations and effectively produced a solution to my pains. I had an incredible experience with the gentle upper cervical care he provided. If you need relief for your back pain or any illnesses, I recommend you visit www.drelan.com or call 561.445.2648.

    ReplyDelete